Job Opening: Graphic Design Intern
December 20, 2019 by Brasco ///
Date: December, 20th 2019
If you are a rising star in the design world, we need you to join the resistance (A.K.A. Brasco ///). Seriously, Brasco /// currently has an open role for a Graphic Design Intern. We are looking for a talented and driven designer who is in the process of refining their craft and wants to train at a creative agency.
You will be responsible for supporting our design team and working on a range of projects from branding and ad design to website and digital campaigns. An understanding of typography, layout, website UX/UI will be needed to help produce the best work possible.
A strong knowledge of the following tools is required:
Communication is a big part of the job. The person in this role must feel confident enough to contribute ideas to the creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards promotion and recognition.
*A preference may be given to a designer with photography and/or videography experience.
The specific details of a junior designer’s role will vary depending on the role, but common activities include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Working closely with the creative director on design initiatives
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
A graphic design intern needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of branding, marketing & advertising, and how design supports
- Adeptness with Adobe design software packages to provide team support on any questions
- A smart problem solver who can be quick on their feet and ready to jump in on any project
- Agency or creative industry experience
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to design delivery
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Must be a current student or recent graduate
- The internship may qualify for class hours/credit
- Paid internship opportunities available
Preferred experience supporting:
About Brasco ///:
Brasco /// is an award-winning creative branding and digital marketing agency with offices based in downtown Raleigh. We engage audiences and seek to tell great stories through a fully integrated suite of marketing. A cornerstone of Brasco /// is ‘authenticity’, a common thread of our team that is ingrained in everything we do. “Be Authentic” is the mantra for our team, clients, and our work to seek real connections and experiences.